Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Celebrating 1 Year of Blogging

Wow, where does the time go? I knew this day was creeping up and I guess I should have prepared a bit better. I also see that I will have to download a new counter for year two.

In honor of this momentous occasion, I will be posting some blog candy this weekend. I will have to see what I can come up with. Thanks to my friend Colleen for deciding it was an important enough day to post a surprise for me. After a whole year, I am still not very good on this thing, but I promise I will try to at least learn how to get my indenting to stay! LOL!

This is a card that I made just for fun. Fun you say? Yes, not for an order, or a challenge. FUN! I have been dying to try out some Unity stamps I acquired recently. The plaid paper is a scrap, but the floral is from Basic Grey's Cappella. I used my Copics to color. I simply added some amber dewdrops as accents.

My next card is one that I made for my boss's granddaughter, who will be celebrating her 2nd birthday this weekend. The image is from Mo Manning. Love, love, love coloring her designs! The paper is from Basic Grey's Olivia collection. The big chipboard 2 is from Cosmo Cricket. The letters are from K&Co takeout boxes. I need to use them more. Again, I used my Copics. I am loving how it went together with just bits and pieces.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to gain a few more regular followers as this second year chugs along.

6 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Congratulations, my friend -- one whole year!! I have enjoyed seeing all your cards and pictures of your lake. Keep them coming during year two!!

craftieodmae said...

big Congrats GF!! Love both cards but the second has got to be a fav, you have done such a great job coloring this!!!!

Carol L said...

I never paid much attention to details like blogging anniversaries either, but perhaps I should get on the ball myself! Congrats on your first year, and WTG!! These cards are both adorable and totally FUN!! I love the images and coloring on both cards!! Nice job!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Happy,happy anniversary GF! It's been great getting to know you and I love your wonderful work!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love both your cards they are just way to cute! :) I thought it would be fun, when I saw nothing different on your blog to suprise you and have everyone come say a big huge HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I was happy I was the first to say anything, I didn't want you to think I wasn't paying attention. Have a wonderful evening! Hugs.

Becky said...

Well Happy Anniversary to you!!!:) And many more. love these two cards, both are just adorable, love the details.