Thursday, October 17, 2019

Time To Get Ready To Scare!

    


      I love autumn, and Halloween is part of that time!  I thought I was finished with my cards until I acquired the Big Bold Jack-O-Lantern from Colorado Craft Co.  It stamps beautifully and as with their other new stamps, looks perfect stamped off the edge.  After stamping it, I colored the pumpkin with Copic markers.  Next, I moved to creating my background with Distress Oxide inks.  This was spritzed with water, to make the sky look spooky. My moon was created with a 1 1/4" punch and cut.  The bats are sparkly sequins I picked from a mix.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I needed a little something for the bottom so I double stamped some corn stalks that are from an older set by Gina K. Designs.  I think this is one of my very favorite cards I created this year!

     I would like to enter this at:



     Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog #378:  Pumpkins

     It has been a wild week here in DE.  My husband retired last Friday, we celebrated our 42nd anniversary, and we both caught a bad cold.  Ugh!  Instead of arising at 4:30 am, everyone sleeps in!  Boy, that can sure mess with a girls routine!  Anyway, it is good to have him home, but very different.

     Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to be around as time permits!


8 comments:

jimlynn said...

I love your card! The background is so cool with those corn stalks. Love that big pumpkin too. Wonderful card for Halloween!
Hope your husband enjoys his retirement. Oh, and happy belated anniversary too!
Lynn

Carol L said...

That's a cool jack o lantern, and I never heard of that company before? I will have to check them out! Love that background too, very spooky and fun :)

Darnell said...

You created a great Halloween scene to showcase your new punkin, Mary Anne! Well thought out and composed for a fun and spooky time! Happy Belated Anniversary and congratulations to hubby on his retirement. It should be a wonderful new chapter in your lives ... provided he has some hobbies, lol! Ask me how I know! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy said...

This card is amazing, Mary Anne! Love the jack o lantern and how you positioned him half off the card! The spooky sky just makes this card pop! Oh, and the corn stalks are a perfect addition to this! Love, love, love!!! Congrats to hubby on his retirement! Congrats to you both on your anniversary! And to you both....feel better soon! Hugs~

Jane said...

Awesome design and choice of elements. Fun and not too fearsome, love it. Thanks for playing at The Male Room, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Andreja said...

What a fantastic Halloween card you made :-))
Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room!

Linby said...

What a great card and I love those bats.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Linby x
DT

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun fall scene -- I love how you stamped the jack-o-lantern off the side!