Wednesday, September 27, 2017

TMS #422 and A Little NBUS



     Okay, okay so it has again been a long time.  Well, life gets so complicated sometimes.  Work has been long and we are working with a short crew.  DH has been nursing another bout of skin cancer, and how is it possible that we have heat in the 90's at the end of September.


     This is actually my second try at this challenge.  Yep, #2.  I decided to have a redo with this pretty sketch.

     I used a paper pad that I have had for ages and never touched.  Oh yes, we have plenty of that going on around here.  The paper pad is an 8x8 by DCWV and is called their Crafty Stack.  I used stitched circle dies from Gina Marie Designs, as well as stitched triangles.  I cut a swirl from the SU set called Swirly Scribbles Thinlets.  My sentiment was white heat embossed from a new stamp set that was included in my Creative Stamping Magazine from the UK.  That is from L'aquavelle Designs.  I cut a few leaves  from the dp and added them to my swirl, along with a blue pearl.

     I would like to share this for the Tuesday Morning Sketch #422.


     Also, this has some NBUS  included, so I would like to take this over to Darnell's New NBUS  #12 Challenge.

     Well, It was sure good to see everyone.  Thanks for stopping around!

9 comments:

Carol L said...

And how well it is to see you here again too! What I really like about this card is how those die-cut swirls perfectly mimic the floral design in that gorgeous paper! It's beautifully designed and crafted and good luck! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

jimlynn said...

Oh YES! Love the colors and everything else about it. Just beautiful.
Jim's going under the knife for skin cancer in October so know what you're dealing with. Hope everything turns out just fine though.
Lynn

Dora said...

Beautiful!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! Your paper is so pretty, and I love the scribble flower!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Wendy said...

I love your take on this week's sketch, Mary Anne! That pretty paper and those swirly flowers are just perfect together! Great card, my friend! Sorry to hear things have been hectic and I hope Jim is doing well inspite of his recent diagnosis. Tell him we are thinking of him and hope things get better as the week goes on. The weather today is certainly a nice change and one I will take! Hang in there! Hugs~

Darnell said...

This is so pretty, Mary Anne! Love the blue and beige together and I think it's a great take on the sketch! I'm sorry things have been hectic and that hubby is dealing with skin cancer. We've been there/are going through that here, too. I guess we're reaping the bad habits of our youth before we knew better! I hope they get it all and he recovers quickly. Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #12!! Hugs, Darnell

Janice M said...

Great take on this weeks sketch Mary Anne! Love that flower and the way you added leaves. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at TMS this week.

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely card! I really like the muted color palette. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

I do love the colors on this, your card is beautiful Mary Anne, now you have my curiosity perked to want to see your first one too! Been under the knife for SC myself, your a sweet wife to take care of him :) Thanks SO much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!!