Thursday, June 1, 2017

Oh, How I Love the Sea!


     I found this card I created last April, in my cards to post later file.  I remember making it and not adding a sentiment, so I could use it for come what may.

     The card base is kraft with a layer of distressed polka dot designer paper.  My image is from Our Daily Bread, and I believe it is called "The Mighty Sea".  I added a strip of loosely woven burlap.

      My image is stamped on 110 lb. card stock and colored with Distress Inks, with accents of white gel pen.  The image was set on fire, to get a burnt edge.  That was fun!  I recommend you do that part out doors!  I cut and embossed 2 little dies from Momenta, and added a pearl accent.

     Thanks so much for the visit, and as we approach the beginning of another weekend, may you have lots of fun waiting!

3 comments:

Carol L said...

I love the scene you created that makes me long for the great outdoors! I've never tried burning an image because I know the whole thing would go poof! LOL It does give a great distressed look though, and I love the little clamshell and pearl!

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Mary Anne! Love the pretty image and your coloring! The burning of the edges is a great look! Love all the extras like the shells and the burlap! Beautiful summer card! :)

Janice M said...

What a beautiful scene you have created Mary Anne! Love the way you burnt the edges. I'll have to give that a try sometime.