Friday, March 24, 2017

Using a Transparency for a Shaker


     This is a card created for a baby shower we had at work, last week.  Shaker cards can be such fun!  I decided to give it a whirl, since I had everything I needed right at hand.

     I have a big box of Transparency sheets from Staples, and I just cut one up when I do this kind of card.  You must create some type of frame and I use foam tape to give it some depth. The window was cut with MFT stitched oval dies.  Adding a fun background always looks awesome.  You drop in your shaker bits and there you have it.  Just decorate as needed.  In this case I used the new SU! set called Moon Baby.  Coloring is with Copic markers and I added a bit of Stickles for sparkle.My designer papers are from a pad of paper from Pebbles, called Special Delivery.

     This card will be entered at Little Red Wagon Challenge 386, called It's Clear to Me!.  Another brisk day, but I might get out and about a bit today.  Hope you are up to something fun!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

OMGosh, SO cute, Mary Anne! Love the shaker part and your sweet little baby on the moon! I have been wanting to get this set but held off since I do not make many baby cards. You may have just enabled me to get it!! LOL This card is ADORABLE! TFS and hope you have a great Friday! :)

Carol L said...

What a fun shaker baby card with all those sparkly sequins! Cute design with that great background paper and I'm sure this was a big hit at the baby shower too!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love this beautiful shaker card and that adorable baby on the moon is so cute.

jimlynn said...

Super sweet and pretty! I love the shaker part on here and all that pretty blue. I never think to do shaker cards and yet they're always so much fun.
Lynn

Janice M said...

Mary Anne this is Adorable!! Been AGES since I made a shaker card. I have that cloud paper too an its perfect for baby cards.

Kate said...

This is such a sweet baby card! The cloud background is just perfect behind your shaker window! And that sweet baby and moon image is darling!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper