Monday, January 26, 2015

SSS and AI Challenges

 
     Sharing two card that I have created, since I am in for the duration of the snow.   For card one, I brought out a couple of embossing folders that have not been used yet.  One is a TH Alterations folder by Sizzix and the other is also from Sizzix  with a large flourished heart.  My inks are form VersaMagic in pink grapefruit, and pixie dust. The stamps are from the Unity, January Kit of the Month.  I added a seam binding bow, pearls, and a silver charm. 

     This is for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge:  Have A Heart!

 
     My second card uses up scraps from my desk top, and uses Art Impression stamps.  I used I-1238 and C-1452.  I also used a polka dot circle stamp over the pattern paper at the top from an unknown source.  I did some highlighting with a Stardust pen for sparkle.  Embellishments are small Prima flowers with crystal centers.  Stamped in Memento and colored in Copic marker.

     I will be entering this card in the Art Impressions Challenge #151 Java Love!

     Stay warm, stay safe, and don't do anything silly!  Praying for those in the blizzard area, where they are expecting 24-36 inches.


11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Great cards! Love all the embossing on that first one. So lovely. The second is as cute as can be. That image is so much fun.
Hope you don't get hit with a bunch of that snow that's heading that way!
Lynn

Carol L said...

What a great duo of cards - and I love how one is breathtakingly stunning, while the other is just hilarious! Gotta love that funny image of myself on the way to the coffee pot in the AM! LOL Love that valentine with the charm - it's so very pretty! So far, minimal snow here and I hope it stays that way! LOL

Karen Day said...

Two wonderful cards, Mary Anne! Thanks so much for joining our Java Love challenge at Art Impressions!

Patti J said...

These are both fun, Mary Anne! The first is so romantic...love the embossing! That second one looks so much like me in the mornings, that I had to laugh! Thanks for sharing!

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are great...first one is so pretty. And the second one...well, Carol said it looks like her and so does Patti. But I really think it looks more like me! (As I sit here drinking my coffee...

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your inked up embossing scroll looks awesome

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! The inked up embossing folder heart card is Gorgeous!

Sue said...

Hi Mary Anne, beautiful Valentine, love the soft pink, so pretty.
Your second card is so fun. Great layout and colors too.
Stay in and stay warm, hope most of it misses you.

Hugs
Sue

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
You sure are making the most of your days off. The coffee one is cute if it was a guy it would remind me of Bob. LOL Can't move without morning coffee. The heart one is just beautiful so soft great eb folder. You sure have gotten a lot of new folders and dies.

Sharon Caudle said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love Maude and I can't help but smile when I see her! Thank so much for joining our Java Love challenge at Art Impressions!

C. M. Taylor said...

I love the coffee card! It is so perfect for many of my friends! Your heart is stunning and ever so beautiful. TFS