Monday, June 2, 2014

Why, Oh Why?

    
 
     I just do not understand why it took a trend for me to think about including watercolor with my stamps.  I love playing with them, and wanted to share a card I made this morning.

     I used the Unity KOM for January 2014.  The watercolor background kind of explains itself, except for the yellow spots.  I just had a really wet brush and tapped it.  My image and sentiment are stamped in Sage Shadow ink from SU!, since I did not want it to be bold.  I then accented with Memento marker, and Stardust pen.  All of my papers are scraps that were on my table.  I die cut my Memory Box, Precious Stars die, and gave that a bit of watercolor, as well.

     Since I used all table scraps to create this card, I would love to enter it over at Pixie's Snippets Playground, this week.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and make the best of your Monday!

9 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is really lovely!

jimlynn said...

So pretty and I love the watercolor in the background. That's a good idea to stamp in something other than black too. Beautiful card.
Lynn

Jean said...

A fabulous card, and great sentiment.
Jean x

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is amazing I'm glad your having fun with your watercolors. It must be a trend because that is TH tag this month. Check it out. I also want to tell you how cute that doughnut card is sorry I missed it before now.

Carol L said...

Ahhh, this is such a pretty card! I haven't dabbled in watercolor in ages, but after seeing this - I need to play with that technique again soon! I love the soft sentiment done in sage too! Well done! BTW, congrats for having your card among the notables at the playground last week! I love all those strips of dsp you made into a cool pattern!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card! You are inspiring me to get out my watercolors again. so far, I've only made one card...

Di said...

Very clever Mary Anne and such a great result! Isn't it funny how we can go back to pre-loved mediums and inject them with new life like this - great background and I do love the graduated stamping.

Sorry I'm a bit late visiting - playing catch up here :)

Hugs, Di xx

craftieodmae said...

That is one fantastic gorgeous card!!!!!

Sue said...

We do a technique for awhile, then go on to something new and never seem to get back to the stuff we learned long ago. Mary Anne, your card is stunning. Love the colors you chose and those dies are just beautiful against your watercolor artwork!!

Hugs
Sue