Sunday, April 13, 2014

For the Playground.....

     I sure was a wild week around here!  Between medical procedures, a funeral, work, and a stamp show, there was not much time for crafting.  The stamp show was the fun part!

 
     My card is one I made this past winter, and it never made it out of the folder marked "Cards to Post".  After the stamp show, on Friday, my dear friend Carol saw this card and told me I just had to post it.  It is a love/valentine of sorts.  Rather clean and simple.  It uses scraps of papers from my bin, burlap and a digital subway art angle.  I used 2 sizes of heart punches, and some Dew Drops as embellishments.

 
     I learned at the fabric store to pull a thread in the burlap, and to use that as a line to cut, so that all stays straight.  My bow is the thread I pulled.  There are also some gold Stickles for a little sparkle!

     This card will be entered over at Pixie's Snippets Playground # 120

11 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning Mary Anne! What a stunning card, I love the use of the burlap, and great tid bit on cutting it straight.
Have a fabulous day.

Donna Hanley said...

Good thing for Carol, or we might not have seen this beauty and that would have been a shame. I love it. the burlap is a real nice addition and thanks for the tip on pulling and using that thread. It's always nice to learn something new. Enjoy your Sunday.

StampTramps said...

Carol was right! You needed to let us see that one! What did you get at the show? Let us see your new toys!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the burlap on this, it gives it a very natural, organic feel! Very pretty card :)

Carol L said...

I'm glad you posted this one, because it's really too pretty to keep under wraps! The burlap panel looks fabulous but that dsp is a big hit with me! It all works perfectly with that great corner sentiment too! Thanks for sharing it :)

jimlynn said...

It must be a burlap kind of day - and glad Carol said to post this! I LOVE IT!!! Great idea to use the string you pulled for the bow.
Fabulous card!
Lynn

Patti J said...

That burlap makes me happy! Great card, dear friend. Sure hope this week is better for you! Hugs...

scrappymo! said...

Love cards with burlap and this one is no exception! Great card.

~ Kathy said...

Love the texture that the burlap adds to the card! Thanks for sharing!

Di said...

Great card, and neat trick with the burlap too. And as for using the thread you pulled - that's a dedicated snippeteer for you :)

Hugs

Di xx

JD/ Jill said...

Carol is right, you needed to post this lovely card so we could see it. Glad you had fun at the stamp show.