Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Fun

 
     I was not sure if I would be able to post today, as Blogger was being a bit spazzy.  I have a card here that I would like to enter at a few places.  Because of all the snow and cold, I have been bouncing around my stamp room, trying to find a bit of unloved goodies, that have been lost in the cave.  That includes dragging out some of my unknown, unmounted stamps. I bought someone's collection, a few years ago, and I don't use them as I would like, because I can not give credit.

      Here is what was used, to the best of my knowledge.

*The giraffe is unknown  (please tell me if you know)
*My background wood grain circle, is from the January KOM at Unity
*The sentiment is from K&Co.  It is a leather look embossed sticker
*Coloring was done with Copic markers and sponging is with SU! inks
*My image was cut out with a labels nine die from SB
*Card stock is from Bazzill
*The accents are white embossing, paper glaze, twine, and a punched wooden heart.  As you can see from my photo, I have a great sheet of wood veneer that punches well.

     I would like to enter this over at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog, where the theme is What "Wood " you Create?  I would also like to enter this on the Unity Blog for Friends with Flair, and over at Pixie Snippets Playground Week 108, since I was raiding my stash for unloved bits.  My friend Carol, also recommended that I enter this for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is called "Let's Have a Laugh".  If this funny giraffe does not bring a smile, I am not sure what will.

     Thanks for coming by, and since we are expecting more snow tomorrow, I am sure I will be finding time to play.

29 comments:

Kris said...

Love this Mary Anne. The coloring on the giraffe is fabulous.

craftieodmae said...

Girl this is adorable!!! I love the wood look too!

Ruby said...

Very cute card Mary Anne. Have a good weekend in your craft room.

Kathy Krug said...

That stamp is darling and you colored it soo well. Your design is perfect for the challenge and for the stamp.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love this fun card you created. Great coloring as well!

Carol L said...

YIKES! I LOVE this giraffe image and the card you made with it!! Got to be one of the best giraffe images ever made, and your coloring is spot on perfection! You should enter this in the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week too :
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-lets-have-a-laugh/

MaryH said...

Lovely to see you at the Snippets Playground. And LUCKY YOU to find a nice collection of stamps. Oh do please let us see what you do with them, you can just say "I don't know". This cute giraffe is just precious, and I love that background you have. Was that the paper glaze? I've never done anything with glazing, and really like the effects you achieved on this card. TFS & Happy weekend.

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, Mary Anne! You hit that one out of the ball park! Love it - thanks for sharing :-)

Patti J said...

P.s. I had trouble with blogger and gmail both today. Bah!

Donna Hanley said...

He is the sweetest looking giraffe I've ever seen. That wood grain paper is ideal and I adore that wooden heart. I really like this card a lot. Hope it gets a bit warmer in your area this weekend and you are able to enjoy it.We are suppose to go up into the teens today from zero temps that past couple of days. Brrr!

Di said...

Gorgeous card and I so agree, that has to be the sweetest giraffe image ever! Great idea to use the wood grain and the heart too.

Hugs, Di xx

Gaylynn said...

Oh WOW. This is really nice. LOVE that giraffe against the wood grain. :)

Becky said...

wow..gorgeous fun card. He is so cute.

Donna K said...

I had some blogger issues myself this week…grrrr! Your patience paid off though, so happy you posted this adorable card. Your giraffe is AWESOME!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
So glad you were able to get it to work. I love this image and the coloring is perfect. Great wood grain stamp and that punched heart is very cute.

Cat Tidwell said...

I totally love this giraffe too! Excellent coloring onhim too! Thanks for playing along in our challenge this week!

JPScraps said...

The card is AWESOME! I love the giraffe.

Sharon Underwood said...

This is terrific! LOVE that giraffe!

Dr. Ivy said...

The giraffe is awesome. We are partial to giraffes in my house, but I have never seen this image before. I loved how you used the wood grain circles as your background. Fantastic.

Angeline Choo said...

oh wow!! Gorgeous.. I love giraffes!!

Jen M said...

Very cute, Mary Anne! Love that sweet giraffe face!

Lin said...

What a fun card, Mary Anne! Thanks for making me smile and sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Julie Odil said...

Mary Anne, that giraffe stamp is the greatest stamp I've ever seen! I love the detail of it! And the woodgrain works so well with it. Wonderful card.

Karen said...

Love the giraffe agains the woodgrain..this is such a fabulous card!

Darnell said...

You're right, Mary Anne, if this giraffe doesn't make you smile, you're dead! Your card is wonderful! Great use of snippets and good for you to use the old schtuff even if you don't have the packaging. Hugs, Darnell

Miwa said...

Gorgeous card, love that giraffe! What a great way to use the Unity stamp - it looks amazing in a circle and lends great texture and dimension to the card. Thanks for the idea!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Yes, this giraffe definitely brought a smile to my face! I also really love the woodgrain stamped in white like that! Thanks for playing along with our "Mod Squad" challenge!

Lee said...

That is awesome! And the wood bg looks like snowy tree trunks! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

Irish Cherokee said...

What a fun card. Love it.