Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fall Theme Mid-Week Throwdown

     Over on the Stars and Stamps blog, the mid-week throw down is Fall theme.  Hard to believe it is less than a month until schools start!  After a summer of very strange weather, I am beginning to think that our garden plants are just not going to produce correctly.  We have only gotten 5 tomatoes out of 6 plants, so far.  However, the plants are like 8ft. tall!  Again this week, they are predicting night temps in the low 50's.  The poor things are confused.  So, I figured it was time to do fall cards.

 
     This past spring, I bought a grab bag of stamps from Inky Antics, at a local show.  This scarecrow was in that bag!  I thought he was super adorable, and I am so glad I get to finally use him.  The corn stamp is from a Gina K. Design set by Theresa Momber, as is the sentiment. I used SU! inks and torn post its to sponge my background.  My clouds are dies from Memory Box, and the image was colored with Copic markers.

     Hope you have a fun weekend planned.  We have lots of chores to get done! 

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Great card, Mary Anne! I love crafting for fall, and you've put me in the mood to get out my fall stamps! Beautiful job!

jimlynn said...

While we're cooking down here in all this heat, I'm getting so see what fall is going to look like (hopefully soon)! Fantastic card and love the corn stalks in the background with that cute scarecrow!
Sounds like you have HUGE tomato plants! They'll probably start producing when you least expect it.
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

What an adorable card. Your coloring is fantastic! Yep! I'm ready for fall. Hope you have a great weekend!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!VERY PRETTY!!!Love the image!!!

craftieodmae said...

you out did your self, this is awesome!!!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
I love scarecrows and this one is beautiful. I really like the way you did the corn stalks.