Saturday, May 11, 2013

OWH MId-Week Throwdown His and Hers

     This week, we were asked to create and "His and Hers" version of a card.  If you would like to see what everyone has come up with, visit the Stars and Stamps Blog, here.

 
     My card uses designer paper from the Tim Holtz, Vintage Shabby pack.  I also used Distress Inks, and mini Texture Fades to create my card embellishments.  The diagonal borders are from K&Co., and I added threaded buttons as embellishments.  The sentiment is from Unity KOM for 2-13.

     Not much else going on around here.  In case I don't get back here this weekend, let me wish all of the special Mother's in my life, a very happy weekend. 

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow...these are pretty cool cards, Mary Anne! Thinking of you, sweetie. Happy Momma's Day to you, as well. Hugs!

Donna Hanley said...

King & Queen what a fabulous idea. Love the diagonal piece and the buttons look great. I would also like to wish you a wonderful Mother's Day and this year you will be able to celebrate Grandparants Day. YAY!

Sue said...

Wow Mary Anne, love your take on the challenge. Nice how you embossed the king and queen stamps too. Happy Mother's Day!

Hugs
Sue

jimlynn said...

What a cute and creative way to use the king and queen cards for his and hers! Both are just wonderful!
Hope you have a great Mother's Day!
Lynn

StampTramps said...

You can't get much closer to "his & hers" than King & Queen! Love that Tim Holtz paper. He's one crafty dude! I see that sketch coming up one Sunday, too! Happy Mother's Day!

Carol L said...

Well dang! I love the King & Queen idea for your his & hers cards! You win the prize for this challenge! NJ!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great take on this challenge. Such clever cards. Happy Mother's Day!

craftieodmae said...

These are awesome!!!!! You so creative!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
You are so creative with your designs, love the way you used the borders.