Friday, November 30, 2012

Friend with Flair.... Busy Friday!


     Morning!  I just wanted to get my card posted for FwF, over on the Unity Blog.  It's been a bit of a crazy week, with the holiday, kids home, and hubby packed, away, and home early from a trip.  Today I want to share a card that only includes a Sentiment from the November KOM, but was such fun to create!

     I pinned a card, over on Pinterest a few days back, and just had to try making these candles.  You use the Modern Label punch for the body of the candle, and the wing from the Bird Builder punch for the flame.  These are both from SU!  Add some great papers, a few MS branch punches, and gems, and you have a super holiday card!  I am thinking these would make great OWH cards for next year (minus the sparkles).

     Off to do some wrapping!  Enjoy your Friday!

19 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful card! Love the window effect - and the pretty colors!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Beautiful card the candles are fab as is the design and papers. Caroline xxx

Ruby said...

Love the window in the card. It is so pretty.

craftieodmae said...

awesome and very creative!

Donna Hanley said...

Love It. You are right a great card for next year's OWH Holiday cards. I should be good and do some now to get a head start on them. I'm all talk, I'm sure I won't start now. But it was a good thought. The piercing really added something to your die cut piece. Have a fun weekend now that things have calmed down for you.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Neat window effect!! Like how punches are used for something totally different then what they are. Great card!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!

Carol L said...

Those candles are so stinkin' cute, and I love that you used punches to create them! Great card, and look at you wrapping pressies already! I haven't even bought all mine yet! LOL

Sam said...

Very pretty love the window, adds so much dimension.

Meredith said...

Wow, that adds up to a very nice card! TFS

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Mary Anne! Thanks for sharing those pretty candles with us :) Hugs!

Michelle said...

Very pretty!!

Julie Odil said...

I love this! Great card.

jennifer mitten said...

Wow, what a fabulous card!

JPScraps said...

Super card! I love the candles.

Barb King said...

Cute ideal, I have both those punches, I'll give it a try!

LauraJane:) said...

Thanks for sharing how you made the candles!

Sue said...

Love the candles you created, and the oval behind them is so pretty. Pretty papers too. Sentiment is perfect! Have a great day, thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Sue

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is amazing! I love this so much you must have really had fun doing this one. I also love that green dress you made below. You've come up with two winners in my book.