Saturday, June 23, 2012

AI Challenge #68 Make Us Laugh


Most of the Art Impressions stamps that I own, are ones that will cause a chuckle.  One that has been sorely neglected is the Old Lady Maude and her morning coffee.  I just love the rollers in her wild hair, and her face that looks like a prune!  Her # is I-1238.  She looks like I feel on most mornings, and I would just adore a pair of those bunny slippers.  Come on, I see a smile!

My card is a white base with digital coffee paper.  I made a frame of red card and layered on a die cut from my new Spellbinders Floral Oval dies.  I did some sponging with Poppy Parade from SU!  Maude was stamped, colored with Copic markers, and cut out to be centered on the oval.  The sentiment is digital, which I think is a riot,  and has no designer attached to the file.

Hope you are having a fun Saturday night.  I tried a couple of new recipes I found on Pinterest this week.  Hubby was happy and his brother cleaned up the leftovers when he came to go fishing.  I have tried 4 recipes so far and they were all keepers.  On the pie, I cheated and used a refrigerated pie crust.  On the Parm, I used breast tenders instead of full boneless breasts so the time could stay at 30-35 minutes.

Corn, Tomato, and Cheddar pie
Chicken Parm Casserole
Grilled Cabbage
4 Ingredient Chicken 

I feel like I have been in such a cooking rut, and these make me feel that I can climb out of it. If you need a change, give them a peek.  Pinterest, where have you been all my life?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL!!! GREAT card! I often feel like that!! (=

Becky said...

Fabulous card. I just love her! I have this stamp too, I might blow off the dust on her this week. :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

I SO love Pinterest! I've pinned several recipes, but have yet to try one! Your card is a HOOT! I love Maude and you sure made her shine in all her glory!

Carol L said...

I think I mumble this to myself each morning as I get out of bed! This card is SO ME! Ha Ha!! Funny stuff :)
I want to know how I lived without Pinterest for so long?! LOL

Payne Holler Cards said...

SHE is one of my all time favs! love your card...
really enjoy Pinterest too ...just don't get time to enjoy it BUT need something new so will have to take the time
(-:

Dorte said...

Mary Anne, she really makes me laugh. I have this image myself, but it's too long ago since I inked her up. Shame on me !
The sentiment is fab.
Enjoy your weekend.
hugs Dorte