Sunday, May 27, 2012

May Rose Challenge - Shades of Purple


     The lovely Betty Rose is our hostess for the Rose Challenge this month.  She decided that our creation should be in shades of purple.  I am a little late posting, but I made it!

     My card uses papers from the Latte collection from DCWV.  The flowers are double stacked Prima's.  I used the Fanciful Flourish die from Cheery Lynn (again).  There are pastel lavender pearls added to the centers of teeny tiny Primas.  Top it off with a generic sentiment, cut in an oval, and you have a floral card to use for any occasion.  Please check out the other Rose's in our beautiful bouquet.  They can be found on my sidebar.---->


     I sure hope that everyone is having a safe holiday weekend, and bringing to mind fond memories of people who have served us.  I will close with a photo of a card I posted before, which has a picture of my special hero's.  My Dad is the soldier in the middle, and is shown with his 2 Brother's.  Can't even imagine what my Grandmom went through, having 3 away at once.  Miss you so, dad!

12 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Stunning card my friend! Love your design!

Patti P. said...

The Roses are rocking this month on Betty's challenge. Love your beautiful card. The layers of flowers and pearls are so pretty and I love the frame around your sentiment.
Thanks for sharing your picture of your family. I am so thankful for all of our service people that keep our country safe. Have a great weekend Mary Anne.
hugs....

Donna Hanley said...

MaryAnne. this card is just lovely. I love purple, so it's a winner because of that, but you made the entire card to pleasing to the eye with your flourish, flowers and pearls. a total winner in my book.

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the flowers.....

Carol L said...

I think this is one of your prettiest cards ever! Maybe cuz purple is my fav, but it's so so pretty with those flourishes and flowers! I LOVE it!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh wow Mary Anne your card is amazing!!! Love how you've added such beautiful roses in Betty's chosen shade to that beautiful flourish! Great Work as always!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love the card with those beautiful roses and how it has a monochromatic look with a pop of green with the vines. Beautiful. The card you made with a picture of you dad and his brothers is wonderful and a great card. Can't imagine having three in the service. Have a great day.

Becky said...

I love your card Mary Anne, great colors and just love those flowers. And I just love the card with your father and his brothers, how awesome.

Betty Benton said...

Positively perfect -- love those purple flowers! thanks for sharing the picture of your dad and uncles.

Sue said...

Beautiful flowers and loving that purple and green color combo!!
Love your picture of your Dad and Uncles. Poor Moms didn't have all the communications like now and went long periods of time without knowing about their sons.
They were brave women!!

Hugs
Sue

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Love how this purple delight came out!

CraftieConnie said...

Wow Mary Anne, isn't this just sooooooo pretty, love those flowers and flourishes, and don't pearls make the most feminine accent! Wonderful work!