Saturday, April 23, 2011

April Rose's Challenge

 
Good Morning!  I have finally finished preparing all of the goodies that I need to take for our Easter Dinner.  Now it is time to get down to business and load my Rose's Challenge for this month.  Sweet Sue Rose has challenge us to do a fancy fold card.  I will be the first to admit that I get a wee bit boring with my A2 cards.  I found this great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers, for a Surprise Pop-Up Card and thought it looked interesting.

I used some olive and turquoise cards stock and some matching designer paper from Basic Grey.  My stamps are from Theresa Momber's stamp set call Little Critters, that was created  for Gina K. Designs.  I added Prima's, fibers, and fancy centers.  Coloring was done with Copic Markers and I added glaze with Crystal Effects.

I don't think I have to explain the workings of this thing.  Mine is not as fancy as some of the beauties I have seen from our bouquet,  but I was happy with the results.  It took me out of my comfort zone. LOL!  Thanks, Sue!

Be sure to take a peek at what the other Rose's have come up with!  They do such fabulous work!  Some have loaded already because of the holiday, just like I am.

Sue, Olga, Kerrie, Patti Sue, Kym, Connie,  and Betty!  Betty is in the middle of a move so she is on a break.

I also wanted to share this really awesome birthday cake that my DS's buddies had made for him.  My kid is a real card, what can I say.  He loves to cut up and do silly faces for photos.  The one buddy drew him from a photo, took it to the bakery, and had them recreate it.  Too funny.  It says "Rappy Birthday"  since he has his own recording studio.  Clever guys, huh?

Easter Blessings to you and your family.  Don't eat too many jelly beans! 
P.S.  I found the dress for my DD's wedding.  Woo Hoo! More about that later.

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely LOVE the card!!!!! and the picture/cake of Kenny is fantastic!!!!! Very clever guys! Yall be safe going to Dee's and Happy Easter........

A Consuming Passion said...

Mary Anne your card for the challenge this month is fabulous! Love the colours and the fibres you added. You rocked my challenge thanks so much for taking the time I know things are starting to hot up for you! That B'Day cake is priceless!!! Glad to hear you have your wedding outfit.........can't wait to see pics........After the wedding naturally! Happy Easter!!!

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful surprise fold, MA~! Thanks for sharing the pic of your son and his cake -- priceless! Sounds like wedding details are falling into place -- enjoy Easter with you family!

The Other Patti Sue said...

LOVE your card.... I bet it was really fun to make! Decorated to perfection! Love the picture of Kenny and his cake too... funny! Have a very Happy Easter!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great card, love it and how fun it is to look at. Have a safe and happy Easter!

redwasher1 said...

Awesome tag!!! Happy Easter!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it - fun and different!
and that cake really is a hoot! plus this pic of him n cake makes you smile
have a wonderful blessed Easter - hugs to Dee and family (-:

Carol L said...

Your surprise card is really neat! And I love the story & photos of your son's birthday! Rappy Birthday, that's too funny :)
Have a super Easter at Dee's and I can't wait to hear about the dress :)

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card for the Roses Challenge. Happy Easter!

Janice M said...

Greta card Mary Anne! I'm with you on being stuck in the A2 rut! Rappy Birthday to your DS! Yeah on finding a dress for DD's wedding. Hope you had a great Easter is sure is a Beautiful day! We are waiting a week to have Easter as my BIL is on his way home from Iraq and we wanted him to be with us.

CraftieConnie said...

Ohhhhhhh Mary Anne-Rose, a true creation of beauty, love how you put this together! Love the cake for your son too, hehehheehe!

Kym Weber said...

Mary Anne, this is sure a stunner! Absolutely love all the elements you used! Fabulous Surprise Pop-Up card! I've never done one of these, may have to try one! You've done a spectacular job!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is wonderful! Love the turtle!