Thursday, January 6, 2011

An Apple A Day......

This weeks Crazy For Cocoa Challenge is about Resolutions. As my Cocoa stamps are on the very limited side, I used the apple design stamp from Autumn Lovin Cocoa. This card will go into my stash I am gathering of apple cards for the farmers market in the Spring. I have about 10 made so far. Some new stamped apple images arrived before Christmas from a stamping friend, and I will be diving into them soon. Okay, back to the challenge at hand. There are lots of digital parts to my card, including my dp and sentiments which I created on the computer. Coloring was done with Copics. Sponging is done with Old Olive ink from SU!. I added some bakers twine, which is a new love of mine, and some Amuse gems to set off my sentiment. My date was punched, glazed and popped for dimension. I also added a couple butterflies which were inside punches from a border.
Here is my inside edge, which I though looked pretty cute. I don't know about your house, but the diet is totally back in focus in mine. Time for healthy eating!

Sounds like snow is on it's way again. DH stopped and grabbed me glue last night, in case it's a stay in and create weekend. Thanks for coming around. I just love reading your comments. There is a new release at Gina K. Designs tonight if you are looking for some chat and fun. Some of the new sets are awesome! Bye for now!

15 comments:

Becky said...

Adorable card Mary Ann. I love how you did the numbers. Such a great idea.

Patti J said...

Your card is adorable! And I have to say, I'm so impressed with the inside of your card! Every single card I show DH, he opens to see what's inside. Every few cards, I actually do finish the inside just so I can see him smile! Love this, Mary Anne, and your stash sounds like it is growing!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super delish card GF! Love apples and you made me hungry for one! I am back to eating right too... made it through the holidays breaking even... no gain,no loss :0)

Sandy said...

What an adorable card! I love all the added touches you have and especially the butterflies! This is so cute...even the inside. Thanks for playing along with our Cocoa Challenge this week!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This card is so cute, it will be a hot item in your stash. I love all the details and how they are so neat and work perfectly together. I will check my stash and see if I have any 'apples' you can use...blessings!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
This is awesome, I love how you pulled everything together. That mouse is just adorable!

Cat Tidwell said...

Love this Mary Anne! What a cute image! Your coloring rocks on this too!

Carol L said...

AACK! I LOVE this CUTE card!!! All of the details on this are so much fun! I love how you added the butterfly to the apple, and the inside is just as cute as the outside! Thanks for playing along with the Cocoa Crazies again this week!
And keep that shovel handy.......we might need it by morning eh? *wink* Stay warm!

Korin said...

This is wonderful! So glad to have you play along with us again!

craftieodmae said...

well hon, it's snowing here at midnight, can't sleep so guess what I'm doing, been gone all day, Winston , doctor, then shopping, yes I'm tried but my legs won't let me sleep, bummer, love your card, think I'll go eat an apple!

Stephanie said...

Oh how fun is this, love the 2011 brads... Thanks for playing along with the Cocoa Crazies.

Janice M said...

Cute card Mary Anne! Love how you did the inside of your card too. Don't know about your house but the snow was a bust here. Kids were wanting a 2 hr delay!

Kym Weber said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love how vibrant the colors are! Cocoa is just so darling! The glazed numbers are awesome! Spectacular job!

~Hugs~Kym

Lorie said...

I love your card! The colors, embellishments, and all the extras are perfect, and the resolution sounds great to me! Thanks for playing along with the C4CC Challenge

Hugs,
Lorie C4CC DT

CraftieConnie said...

Oh this is so precious! Lovely layout and color combos!