Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wild About Gingham!

This week, my post using Melanie Muenchinger's new set, called "Wild At Heart", took to places I don't usually like to go. I combined an element that I just love, which is gingham, with the color that gives me the most trouble when I am creating. That color is purple! There is something about that color that never seems to photograph correctly. Well, I think I finally conquered the beast with my love of gingham.

I used an A2 base weight card stock for my card and added a beautiful layer of purple gingham. My main image was inked with Color Box, fluid chalk ink in Dark Peony. I added a layer of scalloped, satin ribbon, a vintage openwork floral button, and Dew Drops to accent the centers of my flowers.

I hope you enjoy my creation for this week! Melanie's new set can be found over at Gina K. Designs. If you have time, please pop over to Melanie's Blog for a peek at another card I created using Wild At Heart. Bye for now!

13 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Mary Anne, it turned out just gorgeous and I love gingham also. For some reason when I go to Melanie's blog the pictures don't load up!! Blogger acting up again!! I think.

A Consuming Passion said...

I'm with Geri - this is a beauty! Love this stamp and the gingham is great.

Becky said...

This is beautiful, and that purple is stunning.

Patti P. said...

Love this with gingham, and the dew drops and vintage brad are gorgeous!! You are doing a wonderful job for Melanie this month!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This card doesn't look like it gave you any trouble at all... it's amazing! Love the gingham too!

Colleen said...

Mary Anne,
Pretty in purple! I love the button and ribbon. This has such a homespun charm to it, that's a good thing! Your photo turned out wonderful!

Colleen said...

OK I'm back again, That one you gave Mel is just beautiful! I love the blue jean and daisy look. I even have clip art callen blue jeans and daisys. :)

martina's kaartjes said...

Lovely colours !!! Great card !
have a crafty weekend, martina
x

Melanie said...

this color is beautiful!! Glad you embraced the purpleness!

Cheri said...

Mary Anne, you are doing a fantastic job with these stamps. You're soooo creative and I love all the inspiration you've given me. I have the set and am having a great time using your cards for inspiration.

This gingham is perfect. Love it. You are rock'n GF.

Carol L said...

Purple is my favorite color in the world, so I'm going to love anything you create with it! I think you did a wonderful job on this card! Those dewdrops brought those pretty floral images to life, and I love the gingham background too! That big brad looks great!!! I'll teach you to work with purple if you teach me to work with rust. That color challenges me the most! lol

Payne Holler Cards said...

love love love the purple! smart to use the gingham - beautiful card!

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Mary Anne and LOVE the color and gingham! Great design :O)